Monday, July 14, 2008

come on in

My luck must be changing.

After a few weeks of feeling like the world is pitted against me, today we literally opened a new door.

When building, the construction site is technically off limits.

But Dad2Amara turned the knob to our side door and found it was unlocked.

And in walked all three of us to see the progress on the Grey House.

Here's the view from the kitchen into the family room. See my fireplace in the distance?



And our bathtubs are in.





They're almost done siding the back of the house. But I'm still not sold on the color we chose.



And have I mentioned how much I hate the builder's landscape easement? It's huge. And it's really close to our house.



But you know what? It's our house. And we're moving closer to a move in date!

3 comments:

Ms Eva said...

Coming along nicely... Can you plant some climbing plants along the easement? Lots of colorful perennials?

Anonymous said...

Is it really illegal to go into houses that are being built? When I was little my dad used to take me into half-built houses all the time to explore! Hmmm... never knew he was such a law=breaker... Glad your new place is coming right along!

JaciR100 said...

its so beautiful. It must give you goose bumps to think about the fact that you have a BRAND NEW house! Mine is already falling apart! hahaha