Monday, April 7, 2008

praying to St. Joseph


My girlfriend, Susan just sold her house. And she credits the sale - in part - to Saint Joseph.

With this real estate market, I'll try anything.

So she gave me her Saint Joseph statue to bury.

But I freaked out when I couldn't find the instructions for it.

Was it supposed to be buried in the front yard? Or was it upside down in the backyard?

I could hear myself cursing a religious statue. Not a good start.

Then I found a piece of paper inside the statue's box. And it spoke of the practice of burying Saint Joseph. It reminded the owner that this wasn't a case of magic or superstition.

Sellers should believe in Saint Joseph's power and trust in his intercession. The location of the burial does not matter. It all comes down to prayer.

And since lightning would probably knock down the Yellow House's walls if I began to pray, I'll leave that to Dad2Amara.

But in case you're interested in what the prayer is, here goes:
Dear Saint Joseph, head of the most perfect household, foster father of Jesus and guardian of His mother Mary, I confidently place myself and all my concerns under your care and protection. I ask that, through your powerful intercession with God, you obtain for me all the help and graces that I need for my spiritual and temporal welfare and in particular, the special favor I now ask (here mention or think of your home sale).

Good Saint Joseph, I know with confidence that your prayers on my behalf will be heard by God, and if it is His Will, it will be done.

Thank you Saint Joseph, for having responded to my call. Amen.

No comments: