Monday, August 25, 2008

the long road towards building a home

Dad2Amara and I attended the first of our final two walk throughs.

And when I heard "final," I thought that meant we were nearing the end of the construction process.

Not so much.

The site superintendent informed me we were 6 to 8 weeks away from completion.

That's two weeks after what I had always hoped would be my move in date.

So now we must extend our lease on our temporary housing.

And my dream of having an October Halloween themed house warming party may be going to the wayside.

But today I did take a peek inside the Grey House when some workers let me and Amara in.

Our granite is in.



And our mantle has been stained.



What do you think?

2 comments:

Susan M. said...

Loooovee the countertops!
The delay will definitely be worth it once you are settled!!!

Jenny said...

Love the granite.