Tuesday, June 3, 2008

lighting the way

They haven't even framed out the house. But I was already asked to choose our lighting.

It's difficult to choose what fixtures I'd like in each room when I haven't picked out color schemes yet.

One day I like something more modern. Other times, I want a traditional look.

So I was left to choose something that can encompass both styles.

And I think I did OK.

Our builder allows us to choose fixtures all online at LightingMax.com. No overwhelming stores to go to. And I can shop at my leisure.

Plus, if I change my mind before the final selections are made, I can switch my order with the click of a mouse.

Here are a few of my favorite lights:

kitchen island


dining room (I bought shades to be placed over each light bulb)

several sconces for the master bath (going for that spa feel)

Amara's room (of course)

No comments: