Saturday, May 31, 2008

1000 square feet

Building the new house is exciting.

But since it won't be completed until September, selling the Yellow House this week meant having to find temporary housing for a month and a half. Maybe longer.

The Yellow House has just about 1900 square feet.

Our living quarters between the Yellow House and the new one? Take a look --



Our living space has been cut nearly in half.

We're cramped to begin with. Too many toys, clothes, and useless gadgets.

And a mom's gotta have her space.

So 1000 square feet seems a bit tight.

Dad2Amara reminds me it's only for a few weeks.

But it already feels like an eternity.

The place that could take Dog2Amara and accept a short term lease is a bit older. And some of the residents looked...questionable.

Yeah, I'm a snob.

And Amara's already called the bedroom with the walk-in closet.

So I hate to say it but I'm already dreading the place.

I last 54 days trying to sell this house.

Can I last that long in an apartment again?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

where is the new apartment? Did you check out my old place? - Jaci

Mom2Amara said...

Yeah, but they never called back!

New place is in the 'burb just east (over county line).

newshutr said...

I only have 1550 sq. feet. for my house.

Your poor baby.

Oh how do you LIVE????