Thursday, May 29, 2008

sold!

After several rounds of offers and counter offers, Dad2Amara and I are pleased to announce that we close on July 11th!

While we still have a few steps to go to make it final, I've learned many things during this whole house selling process.

One, I didn't hate the Yellow House. I started to cry when I heard the realtor on the phone say the counter offer was accepted. All I think of were images of me holding a newborn Amara, introducing her to her dog and her new house. I was balling. We put a lot of work into the house. So yeah, a part of me will miss it.

Two, I learned I really do dislike my neighbors. I asked the realtor to bring the "pending" sign soon so they can all stare with envy.

Three, the right price is key. Too high, they won't look. Too low, and they'll be some who'll want to low ball ya.

Last, I couldn't imagine selling by owner. Working with a realtor - as much of a pain as she could sometimes be - made the entire process easy. And even though we'll lose money on the deal because I have to pay her commission, the realtor walked us through everything step by step.

54 days. Less than two months. I knew I could set the curve.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you!!! It's been a great week so far, huh?

Susan M. said...

Congrats!!!! Your neighbors who haven't sold will hate you now.
Isn't life grand!

laurie said...

My spouse would say 'Mazel Tov'! And in true Canadian bilingual fashion I will add "Félicitations!" and "Congratulations!" And "Whoo hoo!" is multilingual...;-)

Unknown said...

yay! congrats!!!! 54 days is quite a record!!! - Jaci

Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling your house...and you did it in record time (especially with housing being so slow right now!) I'm so happy for you & your family!
Yolanda

Hazel Designs said...

Congratulations!!!!