Saturday, May 3, 2008

why selling a house is a pain

I thought I'd always be happy to hear that someone wants to see the Yellow House.

But last night, I received a phone call from Centralized Showing, the company that takes care of scheduling our house appointments. It was 8:45. I ran but got to the phone too late. It went into voicemail.

I immediately called them back.

And you know what? No answer.

What?!?!

Apparently they close at 8 p.m. but they had the audacity to call after hours.

How frustrating for a home seller.

I was more than willing to have the prospective buyer check out my house this morning. But because some idiot at Centralized Showing decided to call after they had closed for the day, I miss out on showing off the Yellow House.

Hey Centralized Showing, maybe you want to instruct your employees not to call after hours unless they're prepared to take my call as well.

1 comment:

Susan M. said...

That's bizarre that Centralized Showing didn't leave an after hours callback number. Make sure you tell your realtor. Most of our requests from them came at 7pm at night.